Thursday 21 August 2014

5 kilogram to Christmas - Merry Mama

Okay so one of my goals is to drop some kilo's!!!

I have never lost weight!  I have been blessed with good genes, well I was up until the age of 30 and then progressively over the past decade I’ve blossomed into a buxom mama.  So I think I am really going to struggle with this. 

Ideally I should be dropping 10kg, but I need to start small.  So what is greater motivation than Christmas and long hot summer days!!!  I’ve given myself the very realistic challenge of dropping 5kg before Christmas. 

In order to stay motivated I really need to have a clear purpose or I will find it too easy to eat more cake.
Why do I want to lose weight?
1.       I want to take littlelion along to swimming lessons

2.       I want to feel comfortable in clothing again

3.       To make sure I can remain active with littlelion 'cos he sure is busy!

4.       I want to enjoy shopping again instead of coming home deflated

5.       To improve my confidence and self esteem

6.       To be a good role model to littlelion
How am I going to achieve this?
1.      To start out with I have eliminated all soft drink from my diet.

2.      I have cut sugar from my daily coffee

3.      I have an addiction to flavoured milk and milk in general.  Let's aim for having one flavoured milk every second day instead of daily

4.   Stop and think about why I am eating. I have become an emotional eater, come to think about it I have always been it's just that now access is easy, I eat on the run, when I'm sad, happy, out of boredom.  Ask myself ‘Are you hungry’  I honestly think at times I eat from habit than need. 

5.      Add exercise to my daily routine.

6.      Improve our diet. Reduce the snacking (ie cleaning littlelion's plate), improve lunches

Has anyone got any other motivational tips?


This will be my 'Merry Mama' project. 


Please follow my journey and give me some tips and support along the way, I will need it!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment